Sat, May 13|
FREE May Class - Virtual Intro to Hand Sewing
***US BASED ONLY***Appropriate for Ages 9 yrs and above*** This course will teach basic skills for hand sewing. It is the perfect place to start if you want to learn to sew. This is a half hour class.
Time & Location
May 13, 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM EDT
About the Event
TIME: 12:00pm - 12:30pm ET
DURATION: 30 minutes
AGE GROUP: 9 yrs and above
Difficulty: Easy - No prior sewing experience is required.
***US BASED ONLY***This course is appropriate for students aged 9 yrs and above***
This course will teach basic Hand Sewing skills. It is the perfect place to start if you want to learn to sew.
This is a 30-minute classes. During the first 10-minutes we will do introductions and review the lesson plan. There will be an additional 10-minutes at the end of the class where you can ask questions or discuss taking a future class.
This class is for students who are just beginning to learn to hand sew with an embroidery hoop and/or have no prior experience.
At the conclusion of the class, each student should be able to:
- Hoop fabric
- Identify basic stitches parts and
- Sew a basic running or straight stitch
- Be able to create a satin stitch
Because of the limited duration of the class, we limit it to 5-students per session to allow for a more personalized experience.
Recommended but not required"
- A good pair of scissors AND
- A sewing kit (includes everything you will need. Please order at least a week before class) https://www.isewwithjoy.com/product-page/hand-embroidery-kit-in-the-hoop-1
- A pair of good scissors AND
- Embroidery needles (2 - 3) AND
- 2 - 3 different colored embroidery floss packs AND
- 6 inch embroidery hoop AND
- Pen and paper to write on AND
- Printed art for use in class (click here for print out)AND
- 8 x 8 Piece of white cotton fabric for practice AND
- Working computer with an internet connection and a camera so I can view progress
For younger kids, a parent should be close by incase minor set up assistance is needed.
If you are not able to make the class, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the class beginning.
FREE - Intro to Hand Embroider
In this class, you will learn: * About basic sewing notions * How to thread your needle and set up * How to hoop your fabric * Different stitches